Northeast Dairy Foods Association, Inc.
Our Association was founded in 1928 as New York State Milk Distributors Association. In the 1970s, the association expanded its membership base from just fluid processors to all types of dairy product companies and changed its name to New York State Dairy Foods Association, Inc. In 2008, the board of directors expanded the scope of work and geographic boundary to seven additional states, and appropriately changed the organization’s name to the current Northeast Dairy Foods Association, Inc.
NDFA is a full-service trade association with members in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. Members represent all four federal class product companies including fluid milk processors, distributors, byproduct manufacturers, ice cream and yogurt plants and some dairy farm producers. The association provides services and information to its members to help improve their operations, ensuring the efficient distribution of the freshest and safest dairy products possible. The association represents its membership as a united manufacturing/distribution industry before legislative bodies and regulatory agencies, promoting and safeguarding their common business interests.
On a daily basis, our goals and efforts are directed towards:
- Monitoring legislative affairs, lobbying on behalf of the membership, third party information source.
- Providing services and information to our members that will continually serve to improve their operations – ensuring the efficient distribution of the freshest and safest dairy products possible.
- Representing our membership as a united manufacturing/distribution industry, before legislative bodies and regulatory agencies, promoting and safe-guarding its common business interests.
- Communications, networking, public relations and promotion programs that promote the sales of the products sold by members.
- Cost saving insurance programs and services.
Board of Directors
President – Daniel Lausch, Sorrento Lactalis
Vice President – Kevin Ellis, Cayuga Milk Ingredients
Treasurer – Melissa Altif, Readington Farms
Secretary – Ryan Elliott, Byrne Dairy
Kim Bukowski, Cornell University
Tim Cronin, Belgiosio Cheese
Brian Froebel, Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC – Friendship Dairies
Ray Gerwitz, Steuben Foods, Inc.
Matt Hendricks, Dairy Farmers of America
Tom Herbick, Agri-Mark Cooperative
Lewis Miller, Queensboro Dairy Products
Brian Perry, Perry’s Ice Cream
Nathan Pistner, Great Lakes Cheese
Adam Seybolt, Stewart’s Processing
Jodi Smith Krzysiak, Upstate Niagara
Mike Suever, HP Hood
Jennifer Turgeon, HP Hood
NDFA Office Staff
Executive Vice President
Associate Vice President of Regulatory Affairs